- Location: Coastal Family Health Center, Biloxi, MS
- Pay Rate: Hourly
- Hours: Full-Time
Position Description Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Board of Directors Approval Date:
||Last Revision Date:
|Dental hygienists are skilled healthcare workers that must be trained in techniques, skills and concepts related to dental care.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Promotes and educates patients as to proper preventative techniques, including sulcular brushing and flossing.
- Administers in-office fluoride treatments and assists the dentist in determining supplemental fluoride treatments.
- Performs teeth prophylaxis appropriately.
- Removes calcerious deposits on teeth.
- Assists in community fluoride and oral hygiene programs (i.e. in schools, etc.).
- Adequately maintains an active recall system in conjunction with the receptionist.
- Takes and processes radiographs accurately and as needed.
- Treats patients with respect and assists in prevention and dental care not requiring the expertise of the dentist.
- Calls hygiene patients to remind them of their appointment times.
- Appropriately documents services rendered in patient charts.
- Develops oral hygiene plans.
- Assists the dentist as required; performs other duties as assigned.
|Graduation from an accredited college with a degree in dental hygiene; current licensure by the State of Mississippi; demonstrated ability
to perform position duties; and experience as a dental hygienist.
- Knowledge of dental office practices and procedures.
- Ability to evaluate patient conditions and make referrals.
- Ability to effectively organize time and materials.
- Ability to effectively work with dentists, colleagues, patients, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to desire to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel without assistance as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Skill in the understanding of, and sensitivity to, persons of all educational, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the working day.
Back to results